Oak Grove Swim & Tennis Club members may hold parties at the club.
- All Party reservations should be requested using our online Party Reservation System.
- After you have entered your party details on the online system, the Party Coordinator will review your request and send you an approval email.
- The party coordinator will secure lifeguard coverage if there is a need for an additional lifeguard.
- More than 10 guests will require an additional lifeguard. $15.00/hour, per lifeguard will be charged to your account.
- Larger parties of 20 or more guests may require two additional lifeguards, especially if they are held during the peak times of Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays.
- Once an additional lifeguard is obtained for the party (if necessary), the party coordinator will email you a confirmation for the party. If an additional lifeguard cannot be obtained you will need to re-schedule the party.
- Please Note: Parties over 30 guests must be scheduled during off-peak times and you may be required to bring your own tables/chairs and set up in the grass area outside the pool area. Friday, Saturday, Sundays and Holidays are the peak times for our pool so LARGE parties are NOT allowed on those days in order to best accommodate our membership.
- The maximum number of guests allowed for a party is 30, during peak times (Fri, Sat, Sun and Holidays) and 45, during non-peak times (Monday – Thursday.)
Day of the Party
- Talk with the lifeguard/gatekeeper when you arrive to obtain the Party Day Form and to confirm that all the information is correct, initial it and leave it with the gatekeeper for your guests to sign in.
- All your party attendees will sign in on the Party Day Form that is at the gatekeepers desk (even if they are members). $2.00/guest that is not a member of the pool will be charged to your account.
- At the end of the party, please take the form to the lifeguard so they can sign off on the ending time of the party and confirm you have cleaned up including taking the garbage out to the dumpsters, washing off the picnic tables and sweeping/washing the patio. If the lifeguard needs to stay to clean up, their extra time will be charged to your account. If your party isn’t ending at your scheduled party time, you must confirm that your party lifeguard can stay longer, and if they are not able to stay you must end your party at your originally scheduled end time. Please be considerate to any party coming in after yours and to the lifeguards hired for your party.
- Thanks for working with the lifeguards and the party coordinator to make this work so well. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave the Party Day Form in the binder at the end of the party.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I reserve the picnic area?
Picnic area is reserved the same way as a party reservation.
Can I update the Party Calendar with my party if there are no other parties listed for that time?
Please enter your party on the calendar on the online Party Reservation System.
There is one party entered on the day that I would like to have my party. Why can I not enter my party at the end time of the previous party?
The online Party Reservation System requires one half hour between parties. This allows the previous party time to clean up prior to your party starting.
If I do not want to reserve the picnic area, do I need to enter the party on the online Party Reservation System?
Yes. The party coordinator is responsible for making sure there are enough lifeguards to ensure safety at the club and requesting a party is how this is managed.
When do I need to hire an extra lifeguard for my party?
If there are more than 10 guests you will need to pay for an extra lifeguard. 20 or more guests will usually require two additional lifeguards.
How much does it cost to hire an extra lifeguard for my party?
Your account will be charged $15/hr for each extra lifeguard.
Do I need to find my own lifeguard for my party?
No. The party coordinator and the Head Lifeguard do all the scheduling for the lifeguards. If they are unable to find a lifeguard, you will need to pick a different date for your party.
Can there be more than one party at the club at one time?
The club prefers only one party at a time so the club is available for its members. Sometimes, provided both parties agree and the total number at both parties is manageable by the lifeguards on duty and the parties are during non-peak times. The Party Coordinator will have to schedule the 2nd party. Two parties are not allowed on the online Party Reservation System.
Can I bring a jumper to the club for my party?
Yes, provided you have an adult standing near the jumper AT ALL TIMES to ensure safety and you allow other children that are not part of the party to jump as well.
Can I bring outside entertainment to the club for my party?
Yes. Magicians, clowns, mermaids, etc. are welcome. Please note that if you bring in entertainment then all children at the club are welcome to participate with the entertainment not just the children invited to the party. In order to honor our neighbors, bands are not usually permitted except for special occasions at the club.
Can I have a party at the club when the pool is not open?
It is not possible to have a party in the pool area at the club when the pool is not open due to insurance and safety reasons. You can have a party in the playground area anytime during the year but please note that there are no restrooms available unless the pool is open.
Can I open the pool special for my party?
No. The club does not allow members to request that the pool be open special for a private party.
How many people can I have at my party?
The maximum number of guests allowed for a party is 30, during peak times (Fri, Sat, Sun and Holidays) and 45, during non-peak times (Monday – Thursday.)