Pool Rules & Regulations
1. No running
2. No head-first diving on the shallow side of the line across the pool.
3. Diving board
- Only one bounce is allowed before leaving the board.
- Diver may not dive until last diver and all swimmers are clear of the area and to the ladder.
- No diving to the side of the board.
- No back flips.
- No diving with large flotation devices.
4. No large flotation devices that can flip or cause injury against the side of the pool.
5. No glass of any kind in the pool deck area.
6. Babies and baby pool:
- Adults must accompany all children in baby pool.
- Swim diapers are required for toddlers.
- No nude swimming.
- If there is pool contamination:
- Scoop up solid waste and discard.
- Post sign indicating “Pool Closed for Emergency Cleaning”
- Notify the Pool Director so they can service the pool the first thing the next morning.
- Have the gatekeeper assist with notifying lifeguards and gatekeepers for the remainder of the day or following day.
- Have the gatekeeper notify any parties that are scheduled.
6. Cool Weather Policy
- If the temperature is below 68 degrees when lifeguards arrive, they are to open pool and assume it will warm up.
- If it seems that the cool weather will continue, lifeguards are to consult with gatekeeper and, if in agreement, place a “POOL CLOSED DUE TO COOL WEATHER” sign on the outside gate, record temperature and write pool closed in the comments column of the guest book.
- If it is late in the day and the temperature drops below 65 degrees, lifeguards are to consult with the gatekeeper and proceed as mentioned above.
7. The pool is not open for swimming unless a gatekeeper is present.
8. Swim Test
In order to swim without parental supervision, children must be at least 7 years of age and pass all of the following tests:
- Swim the length of the pool twice using any stroke
- Tread water for 1 minute
- Bob across the width of the pool
Once the swim test is passed, the lifeguard places their initials with the date the child passed the test on the family card or roster at the gatekeepers desk.
9. Rest Periods
- 10 minutes at the hour.
- Lifeguard shall signal beginning and end of rest periods.
- No contact with the water by ineligible swimmers during rest period.
- Adults are allowed in the pools during rest periods.
- At 6:00 PM:
- If there are adults swimming laps, rest period is 20 minutes.
- If there are no adults in the pool the rest period is 10 minutes.